You're two months into the year, and already you should have a pretty good idea as to whether your sales team is tuned, armed with the right tools and ready for another rough-and-tumble few quarters.
Just a few questions you should be asking yourself right now:
- Are you confident that your sales and marketing teams are aligned, working cooperatively and taking full advantage of new technologies?
- Do you have a formal, but flexible enough sales process where everyone is playing by the same rules, with the same playbook and on the same team?
- What should your sales channel mix look like in the future? Which web-based investments should you make to support your sales efforts?
- Do you have enough sales people, reps or distributors? Are they the right people with the right skills for the future? Is your organization’s hiring, culture and goal-setting aligned with the new sales and marketing systems you will need to scale your business?
- With web-based B2B sales technologies, is your sales force best organized by traditional geographical boundaries, or is it better organized by product, by customer, or some other way?
- Have you assessed the future of your selling process and how the web has and will continue to dramatically alter your lead generation and sales funnel and methodologies of selling?
- Do you know how to intelligently evaluate new investment requirements in CRM, marketing automation, content marketing, lead scoring and more?
We address all of these questions and many more at the semi-annual AIM/Derby Sales Management Boot Camp, which will run next on April 6-8 at the MIT Endicott House just outside Boston.
Why a two-and-a-half day Boot Camp? Because something amazing happens when 30 CEOs and senior sales-management executives spend three days on a campus interacting with one another and learning new strategies to increase sales revenue.
The session begins on Sunday at 5 p.m. with a networking reception, dinner and case-study review, and runs through mid-afternoon on Tuesday, just in time for you to impact the remainder of 2014. Our instructors are successful CEOs who have a track record of building successful sales organizations.
- Develop a clear strategy, a measurable process, and leading-edge tools.
- Improve sales productivity 20-30 percent.
- Aggressively grow revenues and margins in 2014.
- Forecast with 90 percent plus accuracy.
- Accelerate closing rates and reduce sales cycles.
- Successfully hire, compensate and retain A-level teams.